Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We are looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer and you'll be joining our Titles Department at Demonware. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Your job will involve planning, designing, and implementing new online services that can handle millions of concurrently connected users. The Titles department collaborates with game studios to meet the changing needs of players with every new game release and major update.
• Develop new services by collaborating with peers for requirements gathering, design, review, and deployment.
• Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
• Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
• Some experience with Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
• Some experience with relational and non-relational databases
• Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
• Experience with distributed systems and web technologies
Nice to have:
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
• Experience with game development
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents, free games, and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpzxn-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.