Product Marketing Manager - Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
We're looking for a Product Manager, Live Services (Call of Duty). Reporting to the Sr. Director, Product Management (Call of Duty), this position is focused on post-launch campaign management and live services; helping deliver engaging player experiences all year long. The successful candidate must be able to work well cross functionally with product, studio, analytics, production and marketing teams to drive world class campaign execution both in and out of game. This professional will play an integral role in driving the day-to-day performance of the title. They need to be a self-starter, comfortable working in a dynamic environment while taking on multiple projects and adapting to the changing needs of our games, players and business opportunities as they arise.
Responsibilities of the Role:
• Manage Day-To-Day Live Services for Franchise – develop compelling in-game engagement programs, events and promotions based on a deep understanding of game metrics & performance to deliver KPIs across multiple titles
• Strategic Planning – work with analytics team to track KPIs and define/conduct hypothesis-driven analyses that inform our product roadmap and promotional activities; manage A/B testing in partnership with studio and analytics; support senior management with analyses that guides regular strategic planning efforts and decision making
• Day-to-Day Studio Partner – build strong partnerships with the development studios as the go-to publishing org. contact for daily product and business needs. The right candidate will have the potential to work closely on all live service deliverables across multiple studios within the franchise
• Market Intelligence & Post Mortems – lead industry intelligence efforts and ensure best practices in driving engagement, both internally and externally are captured and shared across franchise and studios
• Performance Management – support senior management by tracking and reporting key performance indicators that drive life cycle performance of console titles
• World Class Campaign Management – support global marketing plans for all post-launch content, partnering on go-to market plans and working effectively with cross functional teams to execute plans and deliver on key business objectives.
• Player Advocate – embody the ''player'' view internally, driving a fan first viewpoint across the org, with studios and in post-launch product and engagement planning
• 4+ years of product management experience, preferably from top companies in gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar; MBA preferred (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience in strategic campaign planning and execution, specifically post launch/live services experience in gaming preferred (console, PC, or mobile)
• Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions
• Experience defining in-game engagement programs, providing creative input and executing player communications that drive performance
• Successful track record working closely with development studios to deliver AAA products and experiences to players, knowledge of live services feature design and how it impacts product strategy and player engagement preferred
• Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams
• Strong passion for gaming and the industry
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with demonstrated performance of managing multiple products/projects at once
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.