Senior Director, Executive Practice
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Performance and Talent Assessment Expert, you will be responsible for the ideation, development, execution and governance of talent assessment mechanisms across over 45 global offices – enhancing and maintaining the talent pipeline and performance excellence of approximately 10,000 employees.
A key member of the HR leadership team, this individual contributor will work closely with our franchises and Executive leaders – enabled by people analytics to incorporate effective assessments into the fabric of our operations. The ideal candidate will produce data-driven, innovative, and highly effective talent solutions and insights proven to enable leadership and hiring managers to make more objective talent investments and decisions; and bolster employee experience and engagement.
The Performance and Talent Assessment Expert will be accountable to identify solutions and vendors to actively plan for, address, and forecast talent and critical capability needs. The organization continues to grow a high-performing, results-oriented, and innovative talent pool, and this expert will be a key driving force in bringing well-proven assessments to select, promote and assess the performance of a diverse workforce, while testing the readiness of our succession plans.
• Establish a common language and approach for defining top talent, HiPo talent, leadership and management talent, as well as building and managing talent pipelines, and assessing talent capabilities and potential
• Conduct job analysis studies based on industry peers and competitors, as well as other relevant industries to determine success drivers and gaps in capability
• Design, develop and deploy tools, programs and platforms to assess talent – emphasizing objective science-based capabilities, and complimenting with additional subjective sources of information for selection, performance assessment, promotion and overall skills and experience inventory
• Conduct validations, ROI studies, adverse impact, and other analyses with the Organizational Effectiveness team to ensure talent assessment tools and benchmarks are effective and impactful
• Equip HR and senior management with the ability to drive talent decisions by providing standardized, most relevant and timely data analysis
• Identify mechanisms to build into our talent model that will produce a positive candidate, employee, and manager experience, and encourage performance excellence across the organization
• Embed framework of talent solutions and insights as a governance model for Organizational Effectiveness partners to build into the HR annual cadence of cyclical processes
• Partner across HR to measurably improve the employee experience, including the recommendation and implementation of initiatives to enable improved development, performance and productivity
Year 1 Success
• Within 45 days of start date, complete a diagnostic on current workforce capabilities within major franchises and objectively confirm the capability strengths and gaps.
• By the end of 2020, obtain CEO and CPO approval on a comprehensive redesign of talent planning and performance management, resulting in objective insights for Management to use for 2021 talent strategies, succession planning and talent pipeline development.
• Gain CPO approval by end of 2020 to launch candidate assessments on critical roles within the largest pipeline gaps, resulting in 50% improved time to fill for these critical roles.
• Ensure the readiness of identified candidates are objectively verified, including the degree of risk associated to incumbents.
• Introduce assessments that help the organization more successfully and objectively predict HiPo talent for additional investment.
• At least 10 years of experience leading the design and implementation of advanced talent assessment tools and platforms
• Strong familiarity with research in the field, including best practices from successful global companies and available assessment vendor solutions
• Proven ability to conceptualize, lead, implement and monitor human resources/human capital initiatives– strategically determining areas to build or buy solutions to best service and align with broader business or organizational objectives
• Experience in large-scale talent assessment design, implementation, and validation, progressing the business' human capital and organizational culture towards its short- and long-term objectives and successfully improving talent bench
• Knowledge of disrupter methodologies (i.e. gamification, machine learning, AI) a plus
• Strategic thinker who rolls up their sleeves to get the job done, doesn't shy away from details, and comfortably pivots into complex strategy discussions that are informed by data and research
• Results-oriented with the ability to translate theoretical or ambiguous information into practical, informed solutions or thoughtful action-planning
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an understanding of how to communicate and implement large complex changes to a diverse audience
• Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
• Experience in technology, media, entertainment or similar industries a plus
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Master's Degree or PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.