Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Under the direction of the Payroll Operations Supervisor, the Payroll Support Specialist performs administrative and pre-Payroll preparation duties, supports the Payroll Operations team in all aspects to ensure Payroll accuracy and timeliness and oversees the department's case management system to provide responses to Payroll requests and inquiries. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Payroll, excellent communication skills, functional and transactional audits of electronic data, as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal/external customers. This is a high-volume Payroll center located in Santa Monica, California.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Delivers Payroll operational best practices with regards to bi-weekly Payroll functions
• Daily management of Payroll department cases via Company's case management system
• Processes and responds to employee requests including, User Account resets, W2 copy reissuance, respond to general employee/former employee Payroll inquiries
• Daily management of incoming/outgoing department mail
• Full Pre-Payroll Open preparation including manual preparation and balancing of Payroll import templates for adjustment payments and updates into pay data entry
• Provides daily processing support to Payroll Operations
• Timely and accurate preparation of on-demand manual check employee final wage payments including timely reporting of check detail for purposes of Positive Pay processing
• Full Garnishment, Tax Levy, Child Support & Student Loan withholding order processing including validation and accurate translation of withholding instructions and communication to Employee and Garnishor as needed
• Reissuance and proper entry of Stale Dated Checks
• Escheatment processing
• 3rd Party Payee payment processing including Vendor Check Request processing
• Archiving and proper record-keeping of Payroll supporting documents both electronic and hard copies
• Handling of Verification of Employment requests
• Manages Office Supplies stock and orders
• Provides support with duties as assigned by Payroll Operations, Payroll Tax Operations and department management
• Collaborates with a team environment to meet all departmental goals and deadlines
• Partners with Finance, Human Resources, Recruiting, Operations and other departments to support/assist Payroll Operations with Payroll accuracy and timeliness
• Maintains applicable compliance knowledge by reviewing and studying professional publications as well as completing Payroll educational courses annually or as requested by department management
• Participates with other Payroll related projects, including internal and external Payroll audits
• Exercises good written and verbal communication skills to ensure customer service standards are delivered
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Opens and tracks tickets/cases with Payroll vendor for production issues and process improvements
• Supports Payroll Operations (including Supervisor), Payroll Director and the Payroll Tax Operation with other tasks/projects as requested/needed
• Ensures the integrity of the Payroll Operations Guide and the Payroll Shared Service SLA
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• 2+ years in a Payroll Office performing Payroll administrative support functions.
• Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
• Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
• Ability to positively and collaboratively work in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in a high volume, multi-entity, multi-state, Payroll shared service-based environment.
Experience with existing Payroll systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reje27-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.