Senior UI Designer
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently seeking a Lead Level Designer to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
You should have an expert understanding of multiplayer FPS's and mobile games. You'll develop and adapt maps to create market-leading multiplayer experiences. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Your goals and responsibilities will include ensuring that levels are designed for the best gameplay experience on mobile, leveraging core and new game features and optimized for game content. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
As a Lead Level Designer, you will:
• Drive design of maps while ensuring all levels work with mobile touch screen controls.
• Manage the communication between various studios to ensure levels are consistent
• Block out and build 3D levels through various phases of development.
• Research and be intimately familiar with the game's subject matter, locations, and architecture.
• Collaborate with the Systems Design team to support gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate with other level designers and environment artists to iterate on level designs.
• Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress of the level design with Production and Directors frequently.
• Passion for shooters on Mobile, Console and/or PC.
• Demonstrable experience making fun, visually impressive 3d multiplayer levels for a first person shooter.
• Multiplayer map design & building experience.
• 5+ years professional level design experience.
• Must work well in a team environment: Strong communication skills, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
• Strong game design skills: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games. Must be able to list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
• Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
• Programming and or scripting experience.
• Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
• MOD community experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.