Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
We are looking for a Jr Data Scientist who will support our HR teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive people business solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of the employee experience, and to assist in strategic and tactical people decisions.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize our people experiences and other business outcomes.
• Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• We're looking for a recent undergraduate with a major in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
• Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java,
• Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
• Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
• Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
• Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, Tableau etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vp34-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.