Title: HR Manager, Call of Duty Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA (Hybrid)
As an HR Manager and HR Business Partner for Activision Publishing supporting Marketing, you will be a strategic business partner, culture carrier, and trusted advisor for business groups working on the Call of Duty franchise. You will also play an active role in contributing to the overall AP People Strategy. The organizations we support from our Santa Monica headquarter are ensuring that our passionate Activision players are delighted by the game and are aware of all its content.
This HR position requires an experienced, collaborative, and influential leader who is enthusiastic about partnering strongly with leaders and delivering impactful people strategies while contributing to elevating our HR function.
They will partner closely with our leaders to advance people strategies and solutions that are aligned with short and long-term organization and operational goals.
This role is a hybrid work position, with 3 days of work on-site and 2-days work-from-home.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will
• Partner with leadership to evolve our organization and build strong relationships with key leaders, so we can support the business goals in a positive way.
• Provide a day-to-day mentor to leadership on a variety of actions to allow them to grow and perform at their best.
• Drive talent assessment and help level up the business groups with optimal organizational structure and cohesive succession plan.
• Use the resources of the global human resources organization, providing full-scope HR support to leaders including executive mentoring, employee relations, compensation, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, and people development.
• Lead well-planned and implemented organizational change efforts, ensuring employee impact is at the forefront of organizational decisions.
• Successfully lead and implement day-to-day HR workflow operations in a distributed environment, providing both in-person and virtual support.
• Increase employee engagement and decrease voluntary turnover by identifying levers and implementing effective strategies in partnership with leadership.
• Be accountable for the approach and outcome on employment matters; improving intended performance and reduce people-related risks.
• Drive integrity and accountability for the execution of HR employee lifecycle processes throughout assigned organizations, including goal setting, performance management, talent planning, and compensation planning.
• Lead and participate in other cross-functional projects as needed to improve HR processes, policies, and systems.
• Work with leaders and employees to identify, establish, and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This successful leader must possess unquestionable character and the highest level of integrity. They will be a respected HR professional with a blend of strategic, operational and leadership skills continuously applied to improve the company's culture. Additionally, they should possess outstanding attention to detail, strong initiative and critical thinking skills while serving as a hands-on leader and collaborator.
Specific requirements include:
• 6+ years of dynamic experience leading full lifecycle HR ideally with gaming, technology, or marketing/partnerships talent groups.
• Organizational design and development experience, including strong change management, for a complex and transforming business organization.
• Experience assessing leadership and organizational talent; identifying talent gaps and successfully implementing initiatives to address gaps.
• Experience supporting and influencing senior leaders to make better people decisions that achieve business results
• Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; high IQ, high EQ, passion, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risks
• Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive problem solver, roll-up-one's-sleeves attitude with courage of conviction, a strong work ethic, and steadfast integrity.
• Outstanding project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a complex, dynamic business environment.
• Effectively strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees.
• Ability to negotiate complex and confidential situations with confidence and finesse.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmjz16-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.