Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Activision's Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The HR Strategy Manager is responsible for supporting the SVP, HR Strategy and Business Lead in driving forward transformational change across the business and within the HR function. The Manager will work closely with the SVP, HR Strategy to ensure goals and objectives of the Chief People Officer's (CPO) agenda are carried throughout the Company. The Manager will be accountable to lead and support programs and projects that improve employee experience, increase employee productivity, and establish world class HR practices across the company.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Drive creation and execution of the HR Strategy in partnership with the CPO and SVP, ensuring alignment across Annual Operating Plans, Long Range Plans, people plans and talent plans; consistently measure progress to plan and recommend solutions to improve performance
• Develop executive-ready materials that successfully drive business decisions
• Lead strategic initiatives and projects from end-to-end: establishing the project team; setting project milestones; collaborating effectively and successfully managing deliverables
• Drive change management across the organization through strong management of clear change plans, including relevant information and materials delivered to leadership in a timely manner
• Partner with the SVP to ensure that the HR organization and project teams correctly interpret, understand and carry out the direction and strategic vision of the CPO or business leader
• Ensure alignment across the HR organization on implementation of critical initiatives according to an annual calendar
• Serve as a thought partner to the SVP HR Strategy by staying up to date on best practices across HR; recommending principles and solutions to improve our operating model
• Deliver data driven insight to build business cases that help orchestrate and develop strategic change initiatives across the business
• Rapidly respond to executive leadership inquiries to ensure understanding of current HR priorities and progress
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of work experience, ideally with background in human capital consulting, management consulting, human resources strategy and/or organizational effectiveness in a leading media or technology company
• Master's degree in a relevant field preferred but not required
• Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills, including strong organizational and financial modeling abilities (Intermediate to Expert Excel capabilities)
• Thorough understanding of HR best practices, including how to design solutions, align leadership and manage implementation of best practices
• Experience creating and executing change management plans, as well as influencing senior executives
• Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of audiences and prepare executive-ready materials (Expert PowerPoint capabilities)
• Proven success in managing strategic projects and initiatives, demonstrating cross-functional leadership and strong change management to achieve measurable results
• Ability to build trust-based relationships and effectively collaborate across several businesses and HR departments
• Comfort with ambiguity; strong judgment and ability to make well-informed decisions
• Does not tolerate the status quo and seeks to continuously improve the organization
• Self-starter who can identify problems, outline solutions, and drive execution
• Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology (direct industry experience not required)
• Strong desire to get exposure across human resources and the business, leading to further human resources leadership roles
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We're proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's ''100 Best Companies To Work For®'' for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE's ''World's Best Employers,'' ''Most Admired Companies,'' and ''Future 50'' lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.