HR Project Manager (Remote Allowed)
Activision plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a HR Project Manager, HR PMO, your role will be focused on the successful management and delivery of individual and integrated projects. This role will report to the Director, HR PMO and will lead high-impact, high-profile projects with the objective of transforming and maturing our HR programs and high-priority HR projects.
The HR Project Manager, HR PMO, will ensure successful delivery of HR projects that follow our established project management methodology and governance.
You will build project plans, manage cross-functional dependencies, mitigate risks, handle financials, and engage with collaborators on various teams. You will play a meaningful role in ensuring strategic program objectives are being met and provide oversight across project-level risks and issues.
The right player will ensure that zero tasks are late, and that escalations are addressed in a timely manner to deliver projects on time.
• Engage with other project managers and customer stakeholders using project management expertise, develops stakeholder relationships, escalated issues as needed
• Be a leader of project teams and project team members by providing oversight, guidance and direction. Guide and direct in alignment with governance, project plan tasks and actions. Motivate and drive results from the project team(s)
• Jump in and roll sleeves up when needed to assist in project task completion
• Facilitate project delivery satisfaction by engaging with stakeholders in a positive manner, reviewing feedback, build trusted relationships and supports colleagues in leveraging trusted relationships with internal resources
• Adhere to project compliance standards (e.g. confidentiality, privacy)
• Drive projects to ensure that strategic priorities are met by ensuring project(s) maintain alignment to goals and objectives of the organization. Initiating and communicating appropriate corrective measures to the plan(s) when needed to ensure that alignment
• Drive project initiation for projects of medium complexity (multiple COEs or internal teams make up project workstreams) with support from HR PMO by driving commitment of delivery resources, assigning resources, creating work breakdown structures (WBS), project plans, Risk/Issue logs, and other project collateral deemed necessary for delivery in the context of the project
• Establish clear expectations and accountabilities (e.g. monitor scope, RACI matrix) with all project team members and stakeholders for projects teams of medium complexity through participation in kick-off meetings
• Plan, manage, and monitor multiple, cross-functional, and global HR projects that will span the full HR suite or centers of excellence from initiation through implementation, including scope, changes, risk and quality. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives
• Establish all assigned projects in accordance with approved protocols, methodologies, and collaterals that ensure delivering projects on time, on budget, and while meeting high quality standards and stakeholder expectations
• Ensure change management strategy is developed and executed as needed in each project
• Identify and drive project risks and issues to resolution by developing options and recommendations. Escalate unresolved items to the leadership team in a timely manner
• Interacts with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to ensure projects tasks and deliverables are completed
• Follow established project change processes and confirms scope changes with stakeholders before formally initiating any changes.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provides escalation management, anticipates and make tradeoffs, and balances the business needs versus technical constraints
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to project team members and stakeholders, including meeting agendas and minutes in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
• Bring your passion for the candidate and employee experience as well as for our fellow HR players delivering a new way of working that unlocks our true potential
• Bachelor's degree required
• Five (5) years of program and project management experience
• Exceptional project management planning and delivery skills
• Proven problem-solving skills, fueled and validated by quantitative insight
• Minimum of one year in HR; leading HR projects and/or an HR professional
• Passion for leading high impact projects and especially in the Human resources function
• Creative thinker who thinks out-of-the-box and is not afraid to question the status quo
• Team player with a roll-up-one's-sleeves attitude, and innate sense of proactivity
• Exhibits conviction and integrity – owning mistakes and displaying humility and resiliency, especially in difficult situations
• Knowledge of change management methodologies and strategies
• PMI certification and/or training in project management
• Strategic consultative approach with the ability to build relationships and credibility with stakeholders and cross-functional partners
• Comfort with ambiguity: leans on strong judgment and high IQ/EQ to provide well-informed solutions
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d526p7-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.