As Franchise Director ANZ/S-Asia you will be responsible for leading our Franchise Leads to formulate brand strategies and go-to market plans with the aim of acquiring new consumers and engaging existing players that unlock the ability to exceed business targets. You will do this across a diverse region, tapping into long standing experience with understanding gaming behaviours across platforms in these Countries.
Achieving these goals requires strong strategic sense, analytical thinking, strong communication and influencing skills, as well as a passion for solving complex problem in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across territories and functions.
• Responsible for building annualized and long-term franchise strategic plans for the ANZ/S Asia markets.
• Responsible for managing regional marketing budgets.
• Responsible for leading partner agencies across the region to deliver best in class executions.
• Manage Franchise Leads to formulate territory franchise strategies and go-to-market plans that are consistent with global strategies, with appropriate prioritization of budgets and resources that maximize opportunities to meet our business objectives.
• Work with Insights and Analytics function to surface insights that can steer strategy design and provide Activision Blizzard competitive advantage.
• Collaborate with Franchise Leads to be the product experts and owners of the end-to-end players' experience across the countries within the region.
• Steer live service marketing integration across the region pursuing opportunities to leverage cultural insights into live service development.
• Lead Franchise teams in forming understanding what motivates consumers to purchase and play games across the ANZ/S Asia market and determine ways to reduce any barriers to purchase or play.
• Collaborate with the Managing Director and cross functional departments to deliver Annual Operating Plans that are consistent with business priorities.
• Support the Managing Director and Head of Strategy & Business Development APAC on new market entry strategy development.
• Foster and maintain close relationships with HQ and territory stakeholders to bridge communications between the local teams and global teams.
• A minimum of 15 years' experience in publishing, marketing, product management or strategic planning with a minimum of 5 years' working in the video game, media, tech or Internet industry leading large teams.
• In depth current working knowledge of the South Asia video games industry and broad understanding of channels within (social, media, regulatory factors, commercial models, and format nuances across console, PC and mobile).
• Experience in P&L management, forecasting and budgeting with an ability to work with executive finance counterparts to investigate and surface opportunities to accelerate OI growth.
• Skilled at project management, to proactively bring initiatives and deliverables to completion and resolve obstacles effectively and with a sense of urgency by yourself.
• Experience working in a regional capacity across multiple markets; experience working in a multicultural environment and managing remote teams.
• Passion for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
• Passion for games, particularly Activision and Blizzard games.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; ability to credibly and clearly articulate a vision or complex idea.
• Ability to lead large teams, creating clear development plans and driving cohesion to gain commercial results.
• Ability to influence and collaborate effectively across functions and regions, from manager to C-levels in a matrix organization.
• Knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies so that barriers for play are resolved across the diverse region.
• Ability to build a leadership reputation immediately based on expertise, influencing and communication.
• Attention to detail is essential, as is completing all tasks with the highest level of quality.
• Written and verbal language capability to be successful in SEA or India is highly desirable (either Mandarin, Bahasa, Hindi).
• Willingness to travel.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We're proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's ''100 Best Companies To Work For®'' for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE's ''World's Best Employers,'' ''Most Admired Companies,'' and ''Future 50'' lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
A minimum of 15 years' experience in publishing, marketing, product management or strategic planning with a minimum of 5 years' working in the video game, media, tech or Internet industry leading large teams. Experience working in a regional capacity across multiple markets; exper
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.