Note: This is a 6-month temporary role with the possibility to convert to regular full-time.
The Employment Compliance Specialist is responsible for the vetting of candidates, both internal and external, to ensure that candidates who will be newly hired, promoted, or transferred meet the requirements for employment at Activision. Candidate vetting includes collecting and validating information provided by applicants, using investigative research methodologies to supplement candidate information, partnering with an external background screening vendor to ensure the timely completion of background screenings, and making escalation decisions and recommendations to ensure timely and accurate hire approval or decline decisions. We are looking for individuals who pride themselves on their information-finding and reporting abilities.
*Please note, this is a temporary position for approx. 6 months.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Fraud compliance review of employment applications, information provided by applicants for employment purposes, and resumes for consistency in representation
• Work with other departments, including senior managers and legal counsel, to ensure process compliance
• Research common social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn)
• Research using search engines (e.g., Google)
• Confirm and validate candidate information, as needed
• Document results of findings and communicate recommendations to the program manager and other leadership
• Work with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources teams to assist with resolving discrepancies
• Produce daily performance reports and provide regular progress reports to management
• Track errors identified during the background screening process
• Manage the escalation process of issues that arise
• Other duties as assigned including Compliance responsibilities related to I-9 and Visa verifications
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4+ years of investigative, application evaluation, consumer credit, underwriting, or Analyst experience
• Ability to work under deadlines, self-direct focus, and prioritize tasks effectively and with maximum possible efficiency; (experience in production environment a plus as significant and unexpected increases in workload volume can occur throughout the year)
• Capacity to cross-train on increasingly complex and thorough investigations work typically handled by Management if needed (to support increases in workload volume)
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem-solve novel and complex situations, and propose actionable solutions to leadership
• Demonstrated interest, or experience, in fields of Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Investigative Journalism or Law
• Familiarity with Workday Applicant Tracking Systems or similar programs a plus
• Excellent research skills (investigative research or paralegal experience a plus)
• Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong familiarity with the internet and Boolean searches
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, and in-person) and the ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder levels (to candidates, recruiters, and leadership)
• Comfortable with conducting candidate interviews on sensitive/ confidential subjects to include criminal record history, etc.
• High discretion and judgement skill is a must, especially when handling sensitive/ confidential information; ability to follow basic Information Security processes and protocols
• Partner with other team members as well as HR and candidate stakeholders to oversee/ensure completion of weekly new hire I-9s and validation of any work-related visas at all locations across the US (to include processing through E-Verify)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkw0m4-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.