Senior Software Development Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Director, Marketing Analytics, you will propel our marketing analytics to the forefront of the industry by building out a thoughtful, strategic, and thorough analytics function. This team will be responsible for uncovering player signals to create a holistic view of the impact, and interplay, of our marketing efforts. You will use advanced analytics and measurement to mine this data for insights that will help teams more effectively acquire, engage, and retain players. You will need a strong record of success testing and implementing media and marketing mix models, attribution logic, lift modeling, and A/B testing at a global scale. You will also need a strong record of influencing diverse stakeholders across all levels of the marketing organization to drive data-informed marketing decisions. A critical aspect of this leader's success will be her / his ability to visualize data reporting in near-real time and create compelling rationale on how we should course-correct and plan our activities. You will be joining a team with a global remit, that strives to ensure local market needs are met while aligning with global KPI and business goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with marketing, product, analytics, and commercial functions to measure marketing efficiency and effectiveness, and to influence marketing decision making
• Design and implement real-time tracking measures across paid, owned and earned channels that provides a holistic look at our touch points, their business impact, and interplay
• Tie together disparate business, marketing, and consumer data signals to fully extract paid/owned/earned media value and their contributions to revenue and audience growth
• Provide regular reports and insights to the executive team on marketing performance and near-term implications to spend and channel mix
• Assess how effectively and efficiently digital channels are driving player purchase funnel objectives and provide data-informed insights to the product marketing and functional marketing teams
• Create marketing mix models that help guide our go-to-market campaigns, ultimately guiding spend and channel weight / importance in all key regions
• Determine the optimal mix and interplay of owned and paid digital channels to reach our audiences most effectively and efficiently
• Aid in forecasting performance for multi-channel marketing campaigns and tracking against those goals
• Partner with cross-functional marketing and commercial teams to develop audience-first recommendations by understanding in-game player behaviors and monetization trends
• Work cross functionally to actively apply learnings to campaigns
• Hire and lead a Senior Business Analyst to manage day-to-day operational reporting requirements, ad hoc analyses, and data visualizations
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, economics, or a related field
• 7+ years of progressive experience in marketing analytics, with expertise working with Data Management Platforms (DMPs) like Adobe Audience Manager and Salesforce KruX
• Effective at taking complex data sets and building easy to understand visualizations
• Comfortable working with and joining multiple data sets from various sources
• Outstanding ability to uncover actionable insights and stories within data and complex analyses
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, adept at liaising with senior executives and influencing decision making
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity and create processes
• Proactive team player who can work together with others to find solutions
• Creative with excellent problem-solving skills, capable of thinking outside the box to bring new insight and hypotheses to the business
• Proficient with SQL and can effectively and efficiently query massive data sets
• Knowledge of data visualization (Tableau), conversion data (Barometrics, DCM) attribution solutions (Visual IQ, Adometry), and programming languages (Python)
• Experience in gaming, media, or entertainment is a plus
• Advanced degree in statistics, economics, or a related analytical field
• Passion for video games!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.