Senior Director, Executive Practice
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Director, Internal Investigations will be responsible for conducting internal investigations globally, and ensuring that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees, business partners and other third-parties anywhere in the world are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed. The Director, Internal Investigations will report to the Vice President, Compliance & Chief Risk Officer.
This position will be responsible for conducting, overseeing and reporting the results of the internal investigations throughout the business. This will include reporting to the Company's management team and advising on appropriate remedial action to be taken, if any, as a result of the outcome of an investigation. In addition, the Director, Internal Investigations will be responsible for analyzing investigation trends and advising the Company on emerging risks, as well as delivering and supporting ethics and compliance training.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Reviewing all ethics and compliance concerns raised to the Company at any site globally, whether through the Ethics Hotline or other channels, and determining the appropriate investigation or other action to be taken.
• Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, drafting reports and debrief meetings with leadership.
• Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation.
• Help to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues
• Work with Learning and Development to develop and deliver compliance and other education programs designed to proactively address workplace issues.
• Partnering with Human Resources and other functions across the Company to ensure timely completion of investigations.
• Designing and delivering effective training for investigators across the Company to enhance interviewing and report writing skills, among other investigation fundamentals.
• Coordinating cross-functional ''root cause'' committee meetings to discuss lessons learned from investigations and how to enhance processes.
• Analyzing ethics and compliance complaints to determine trends and areas of compliance risk.
• Providing periodic updates to the Company's management team concerning ethics and compliance concerns.
• Supporting training and communication initiatives related to ethics and compliance, including giving in-person training.
• Where appropriate, lead our external engagement with law enforcement authorities and regulators relating to investigations and compliance matters.
• Minimum of 8–12 years of investigations experience in HR and compliance matters.
• Experience in employment and compliance.
• Substantial experience in conducting and overseeing investigations is required.
• Experience in an in-house investigations role is highly desirable.
• Experience investigating a breadth of compliance matters.
• Experience investigating HR and employment matters.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to deliver crisp, clear and concise executive presentations; professional presence and ability to interact effectively with executive management.
• Capable of inspiring trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the Company.
• Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
• Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
• Ability to work effectively in a global environment; sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences.
• Regular and sometimes unpredictable travel
• Employment law experience
• Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.