Job Title:Data Analytics Manager - Asia Publishing Insights and Analytics
You will be responsible for developing an intimate knowledge on how consumers are purchasing, playing, and interacting with video games across Asia. To do this you will be extracting, interpreting, and analysing internal and external data with the expectation of delivering insights to assist in the formulation of best in class strategies and executions.
Form a deep understanding of the players Activision Blizzard already knows and the players Activision Blizzard is yet to meet to drive greater commercial outcomes by:
• Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends within internal data sets covering sales and telemetry data to offer clarity on how to accelerate the acquisition, engagement and/or monetisation of players.
• Evaluate the Asia video games market landscape. Research and analyse market characteristics, competitive landscape, emerging issues, market trends and publishing models.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and publish reports that offer player, market and competitor insights that can leveraged for strategy formulation.
• Developing models that offer long range market size assumptions and forecasting, as well as determine the Lifetime Value (LTV) of players.
• Develop competency to assist publishing teams in articulating problems they are trying to solve and presenting insights and analytic solutions to offer answers and recommendations.
• Measure performance of campaigns and provide insight on effectiveness.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Extensive experience in analytics or closely related fields
• Expertise in SQL
• Proficiency with programming languages (R, SAS, Python)
• Proficiency with data analytics and data visualization tools, such as Tableau.
• Understanding of cloud platforms, such as Azure, IBM, and Google
• A strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
• The ability to prioritise time wisely against multiple competing projects and requests
• Experience translating insights into decisions and actions that have a direct business impact
• Strong sense of accountability, self-drive, and the ability to function independently
• Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
• A love for video games.
• Preferable - Minimum of 4 years' experience in an analytical role within FMCG in a consumer-focused category; video game knowledge preferred.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is may begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.