As Communication Director ANZ/S-Asia you will lead our Australian/ New Zealand (ANZ) and South Asia (S-Asia) Communications teams to deliver world class PR, social and ambassador programs across the region. This position will give you the opportunity to thrive in a challenging, creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team who are committed to excellence at every level.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative but self-motivated leader with a proven track record of managing developing best in class communications strategies and executions that append to a larger integrated marketing plan. The role requires very strong communication and critical thinking skills, along with the ability to directly lead and manage a medium sized team. You must thrive on high pressure deadlines and be able to consistently achieve results on time and within budget. Industry experience is highly desirable coupled with an intricate knowledge of the South Asia region with emphasis on how to leverage social channel platforms across the region.
• Lead the development of the ANZ/S-Asia communications holistic strategic plan that ties to the overarching Country/region objectives.
• Provide expertise on how to build engaged audiences through delivering culturally relevant compelling content for players that we already know and players we are yet to meet.
• Direct, coach and mentor staff members to develop world class executions across all facets of communications.
• Select and manage overarching relationships with agency partners to build programs that fulfil the communications strategic plan and add to gaining commercial success for the franchises.
• Lead corporate communications across the region in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
• Engage and foster relationships with global communications counterparts and influence positive outcomes for the region.
• Responsible for setting overall organizational communications, public relations policies and priorities.
• Stay up to date on all gaming, (e)sports, media & entertainment news, monitor competitors and other industry leaders for learnings, insights and best practices.
• 12+ years of communications experience across video games, communications agencies, technology, or entertainment.
• Have a proven track record of developing best in class communications strategies that have provided commercial success.
• In-depth knowledge of SEA and India markets.
• Ability to lead medium to large size teams, creating clear development plans and driving cohesion to gain commercial results.
• Deep working knowledge of social platforms across the South Asia region.
• Strong understanding of the mobile games market across the South Asia region and experience in driving ambassador programs appended to this platform.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented problem-solver who thinks fast and finds solutions when others may see a dead end.
• Equally left and right-brained with analytical skills to evaluate program effectiveness, and strong creative judgment to recognize what's on-trend/on-brand.
• Innovative, strategic thinker who is motivated to execute exceptionally and work independently within a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships across internal functions and external partners.
• Experience in managing a large set of internal stakeholders, agency partners, media, and ambassadors.
• Passion for gaming, lifestyle, and entertainment industry.
• Must possess exceptional ability to craft fresh, engaging, and innovative digital experiences intended to grow the cultural relevance and earned media awareness for Activision Blizzard's product and properties.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• A strong network of media contacts and a proven way of building new relationships with existing and emerging media and influencers.
• Written and verbal language capability to be successful in SEA or India is highly desirable.
• Passion for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We're proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®'' for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE's "World's Best Employers," ''Most Admired Companies,'' and ''Future 50'' lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.