The Associate QA Project Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations on the test floor, often acting as an extension to the assigned QA Project Lead by assisting with the responsibilities of guiding a team of QA Testers through the functionality testing and/or 1st party compliance testing of an Activision product. The Associate QA Project Lead may also be called upon to perform in an acting QA Project Lead role. This would involve organizing and leading the testing effort on assigned pre-release video games as well as being the main point of contact between Production staff, Development teams, and other Activision QA groups.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Assists the QA Project Lead as a Floor lead or Platform lead. Assists the QA Project Lead with the creation and maintenance, and auditing within DevTest.
• Assists the QA Project Lead with the completion of milestone assessment reports at Alpha & Beta in accordance with QA policies.
• Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking databases.
• Contributes towards the creation of informative and accurate daily reports and may be called up to ensure consistent distribution to designated Production and Management staff.
• Contributes towards the development of effective test plans and performing standard testing on console games to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
• Assists in special projects, such as demonstrations, training, surveys, focus groups, etc.
• Assists in forming and improving QA systems and procedures.
• May be called upon to help manage the test team in the QA Project Lead's absence.
• Assists the QA Project Lead with a review of all issues entered by the test teams to ensure bug reports include required information and conform to Activision QA standards.
• Assist the QA Project Lead with initial research and evaluation of all disputed ('Not a Bug,' 'Will Not Fix,' & 'Duplicate') issues. Updates the database after each bug sweep.
Managing and Mentoring
• Monitors the defect report database and other platform associated databases.
• Supervises the test team on a daily basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
• May be asked contribute to tester performance evaluations. Works closely with them to alleviate any issues that arise.
• Identifies and assists the QA Project Lead with preparing testers for additional responsibilities, such as Senior QA Testers.
• Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database.
• Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner.
• Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
• Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Has been in a leadership role (Senior QA Tester and/or Acting Associate QA Project Lead).
• 1 year of experience working in the Activision QA Department or in a comparable Quality Assurance department.
• Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor new employees.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and have strong prioritization skills.
• Must be punctual, proactive, and have a strong work ethic.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
• Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
• A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8570-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.