Activision Blizzard Esports is seeking out a high performing, passionate, and driven Associate Operations Manager to join the Call of Duty Esports Team focusing on Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile.
The ideal candidate is a self-sufficient and highly organized individual with a passion for innovation in the rapidly growing business of Esports. You will be the glue that holds together all the moving parts of several cross-departmental programs to be launched by the Call of Duty Esports Team.
As an Associate Operations Manager in this role, you must have a very strong organizational and communication skills, along with profound understanding of co-dependencies, how they form, and their impact on the Call of Duty Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile programs you will be supporting. Activision Blizzard Esports is an extremely fast paced environment, the individual in this role will be expected to roll up their sleeves to ensure successful launches.
This groundbreaking and ever-changing organization is looking for someone that can adapt to its whirlwind of innovation. If this sounds like you, then what are you waiting for? Get on the Objective and apply!
• Own and execute the third-party event approval process for Call of Duty Esports, coordination with the Call of Duty business unit, tournament organizer management and license tracking. Work to create a more streamlined process with stakeholders including legal and work towards creating a digital submission process.
• Competitive Warzone Support: tournament administration, managing signups, collecting rules signatures, prize payouts, coordination with the production vendor on event days to run competition, and discipline tracking.
• Seasonal Launch Tournament Support: assist the Call of Duty business unit and CDL franchise organizations in the administrative duties including asset and content review, talent coordination and payment coordination.
• Competitive Call of Duty Mobile Support: tournament administration, managing signups, collecting rules signatures, prize payouts, coordination with Gamebattles and CDL broadcast on event days to run competition and discipline tracking.
• Status reporting and postmortems for Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile activations.
• Requirements gathering based on the needs of internal and external stakeholders – develop documentation that summarizes what has been scoped.
• Develop roadmaps, while planning project milestones, tasks, schedules, and resources.
• Ensure the timely delivery of all prioritized initiatives by holding departments accountable to deadlines/deliverables and mitigating risks.
• Own communication and drive action around all key initiatives through verbal, written and face-to-face facilitation.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of program or product management experience, having supported multiple program and project launches.
• Experience working with multiple teams and leading cross-departmental initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to take ownership over a project or initiative from start or mid-flight and see it through to completion.
• Quick adaptability using various program management tools (Jira, MS Project, Confluence, or equivalent) and acumen with PowerPoint and Excel
• Candidate must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with strong follow-through.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a love for collaboration.
• A passion for Call of Duty and similar live experience products.
• Experience working in a start-up setting
• PMP Certification, Scrum Master Cert
• Profound understanding of video game/streaming culture and its fanbase
• Knowledge of FPS streamers and influencers
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8bqk-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.