Activision Central Technology is looking for a hands-on Senior Manager for our cloud infrastructure devops team, to help lead cloud initiatives in partnership with multiple Activision studios and titles.
You, the ideal candidate, are both people and solutions oriented. You are looking for ways to improve systems, process, and workflows, as well as communication and collaborations. You seek innovation, tempered by pragmatism. You see the big picture but know that the details matter.
The cloud infrastructure team manages cloud deployments, creates reliable tooling, provides operational support, investigates new systems and tools, runs mission critical services, performs monitoring/logging/alerts, engages with vendors, and more.
They perform all this using best-practice devops, gitops, and infrastructure-as-code principles. Systems and solutions in use include Kubernetes, Vault, Consol, ELK, Grafana, Cassandra, Kafka, Nomad, git, Perforce, and many more. We look forward to working with you!
• Direct the cloud infrastructure devops team to design, build, deliver, and support cloud solutions, hosted services, and underlying (IAC) infrastructure
• Plan, support, and provide professional development for the cloud infrastructure devops team
• Support upper managers in setting goals, roadmaps, and direction for the team
• Partnerwith customer teams in the larger organization to meet their needs
• Develop a strong relationship with vendors and drive them to a timely support of priority issues
• Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, scalability, robustness, monitoring, and other best practices
• Recruit, retain, and inspire great talent
• Experience building, growing, and managing a team of (devops) engineers
• Strong experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related devops technologies
• Strong Linux, VMs, containerization, orchestration, and gitops skills
• Sound organizational and management judgement, coupled with strong independent contributor skills
• Capable leader, with strong multitasking, communication, and collaboration skills
• Desire to adopt and implement best-of-breed practices, coupled with experienced pragmatism
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkz0zp-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.