Reporting to Senior Manager Application Services, the Application Services Engineer will be responsible for development & maintenance projects across a variety of applications. This is a hands-on role focused on identifying, planning, coding and implementing new features and functions based on business needs. This person will work closely with the Business and other teams across the organization to identify practical solutions (existing and/or new) and will be responsible for the development, testing, and ongoing support of those solutions.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
• Be a role model in engineering best practices, and design/coding standards.
• Lead project implementation including the design and deployment of new systems.
• Balance request queue SLAs alongside contributions to longer-term projects
• Mentor users, conduct training, develop and maintain training documentation
• Create functional/technical design documentation
• Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to support business operations
• Develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts
• 4-year college degree; Bachelors or Masters in computer science
or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years of proven development / software engineering experience in a Technology environment
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively work in a geographic and culturally diverse team environment with varying skill set levels
• 2+ years' experience with ServiceNow administration and development
• Working knowledge of data management and ETL tools
• Some data modeling skills and experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
• Knowledge of integration technologies and approaches including REST, SOAP, XML, and associated workflows
• Basic understanding of networking (routing, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
• Ability to independently: plan, organize, and manage time across multiple priorities.
• Technology focused with a passion for the latest trends in related technology.
• Zeal to quickly learn and adapt to other technologies; self-driven, self-learner.
Nice to have experience with
• Google Cloud Platform
• Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Trello)
• Source Code Version Control (Git)
• Salesforce (Service Cloud)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97jp4-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.