Production Assistant - Part Time (WTVD Raleigh-Durham)
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, North Carolina has an exciting opportunity for a Part-time Production Assistant! The Part-time Production Assistant is an entry level position. This position is an important member of the behind-the-scenes studio operations staff and will be responsible for filling multiple roles for live newscasts and digital events as well as creating high impact content. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to begin their career in local media.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
• Creating short and long form content for the ABC11 streaming platforms like ABC11.com, mobile apps and connected TV app (both live and on demand)
• Creating high impact videos, graphics and social content
• Write, shoot, edit and produce original content for various ABC 11 platforms to connect and engage a diverse audience
• Programming and monitoring software that controls streaming content
• Interacting with the community and elevating the ABC11 brand at local station and community events
• Preparing studio for newscasts - including preparing graphics to air during newscast, studio and set preparation, cleaning to improve on-air look, and basic maintenance of mics, iPads, and monitors
• Assisting with various production elements including running the teleprompter and building graphics
• Prior internship or job experience in production preferred
• Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic and productive way with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Excellent multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt, solve problems and make decisions quickly
• Strong logistical skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Be highly reliable, flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including early mornings, weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of shooting video and sound with various cameras – Production cameras, Digital still cameras, and phone cameras
• Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wy37-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.