ABC News is looking for a Story Editor to work in the 20/20 Booking Department.
• Duties include ability to find and pitch stories viable as 2 hour yarns and booking and development of stories of interest.
• Candidate will be expected to book competitive stories, be available for breaking news and to travel for bookings and trials.
• Our team also assists the other ABC News shows as needed with breaking news and big stories of interest across platforms.
• At a future point, candidate will be expected to work a late-night shift on a rotating basis on Friday nights through the broadcast at 11 PM and travel for stories.
• Candidate may also be required to work an early morning shift occasionally to watch the morning shows, read the major papers and produce a write up of the suggested stories of the day.
• Strong editorial sensibilities and great communication skills
• Strong research skills and a passion for crime stories
• 3+ years of journalism experience
• Proven track record in booking and development
• Strong written communication skills
• Ability to shoot and computer/social media skills is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $75,200 to $103,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob6n4-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.