ABC News Live is looking for a Production Associate, Live Programming for production, who will be integral to the operation and growth of production in our creative space, as well at live events and in our control room. This New York-based role will be part of the production team tasked with the creation of content.
• Create graphics, edit video for use in production
• Write anchor copy and teases
• Generate ideas for new stories, content and formats to engage our audience
• Minimum of 1 year experience working in a production environment
• Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficiency in the use of broadcast equipment and technology
• Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment.
• Willingness to take initiative, manage simultaneous projects and to follow through on all work
• Experience in AVID (or similar editing software)
• Past experience in video content production, including editing and producing segments
• Familiarity with Inews
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $53,600- $73,700 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoknx-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.