Are you passionate about the power of audio storytelling?
ABC Audio is looking for an experienced podcast Producer to help build on the success ABC's growing podcast portfolio, including its flagship daily news podcast ''Start Here.'' We are seeking someone with superior audio production skills, a lightning fast news metabolism and sharp editorial judgement to join our team. The successful producer candidate is highly creative and can work independently and collaboratively with producers and talent from across the news division to meet deadlines.
From compelling, provocative conversations to deeply reported long-form narratives, ABC Audio is committed to growing its podcast portfolio and creating engaging, must-listen content – and we need talented producers to help us do it.
• Writing scripts for daily, weekly and long-form podcasts
• Editing and mixing audio for various assignments, including daily, weekly and long-form podcasts
• Working with producers and talent from a variety of divisions within ABC News including the investigative unit, the 20/20 team, the medical unit and more in order to translate their reporting into riveting podcasts
• Working with ABC's rights and clearances, legal and standards departments to vet and clear scripts and outside audio clips
• Pitching new podcasts
• At least three years of audio production experience at a professional podcast production house
• Expert audio editing and sound mixing skills
• Journalism background, strong writing skills and a keen interest in current events, history and pop culture
• Experience working with talent, including coaching host in-studio
• Sharp attention to detail and organizational skills, and ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure
• Thorough understanding of the podcast industry, techniques and trends
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxw0m-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.