Editorial Producer, GMA3
New York, NY
GMA3 is looking for a Producer.
The Producer will be responsible for delivering high quality video packages to ABC News Live. The Producer will write and produce packages on their own, which requires them to be a solid writer, comfortable turning a script, with equally advanced speed and knowledge of current events. This role must have a knowledge of non-linear editing platforms, effect editing tools, file formats, codecs, FTPs, and broadcast operations and the ability to turn around video quickly in a news environment. This role must feel comfortable conducting interviews on their own. Candidate must be resourceful when looking for images and video, stay up to date on what's happening in the news, and have the ability to write short VOs for the headlines. Producer should also feel comfortable producing a story in the field. A strong understanding of the digital landscape and evolving technologies is preferred.
• Produce a variety of stories including reporting, writing, and making graphics
• Proactively work to help team identify and address problems quickly when they arise
• Able work with on-air talent, from a producing/writing perspective
• Work in a high-pressure, fast-paced control room
• Show initiative to produce content while also working collaboratively as a team
• Ability to write under tight deadlines
• Track record demonstrating initiative and drive
• Minimum of 5 years' experience producing in a digital, streaming or broadcast environment
• Prior video production experience in a fast-paced environment and an understanding of the current digital landscape of live streaming
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.