ABC News Live is looking for a Producer/ Editor. The Producer/Editor will be responsible for delivering high quality video packages to ABC News Live. The Producer/Editor needs to be able to write, produce and edit packages on their own, which requires them to be an advanced video editor, and comfortable turning a script, with equally advanced speed and knowledge of current events. This role must have a knowledge of non-linear editing platforms, effect editing tools, file formats, codecs, FTPs, and broadcast operations and the ability to turn around video quickly in a news environment. Candidate must be resourceful when looking for images and video, stay up to date on what's happening in the news, and the ability to write short VO's for the headlines. A strong understanding of the digital landscape and evolving technologies is preferred.
• Advanced Video editing
• Advanced Effect editing
• Advanced Video Design
• Identify emerging technologies to add to post-production workflow
• React quickly to news events to provide accurate and timely digital video experiences
• Effective communication skills to work across numerous department to create the best possible video product
• Minimum five years' experience writing and producing broadcast or digital content with a
• minimum two years' experience editing broadcast/digital ready packages
• Proficient with After Effects (or similar effects editing platform)
• Ability to edit and write under tight deadlines
• Track record demonstrating initiative and drive
*All applicants will be asked to submit a minimum of two work samples of pieces they have produced and edited.
• Five or more years' experience crash producing and editing broadcast/digital ready packages
• Expert level/full proficiency in AVID and Adobe After Effects
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxox4-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.