ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''GMA3,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Live, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. The News division also creates content for various streaming partners like Disney + and Hulu. These award-winning teams provide the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a better understanding of the world. ABC News has an opening for a Producer/Editor in its Post Production Department.
*This position is a hybrid position with a balance of remote and on-site editing at our NY facility
• Duties will focus on long form style editing and production for Network platforms and external clients.
• Candidate must be able to collaborate with a team as well as work independently and bring fresh ideas to projects. Edit teams often share projects, therefore editor must be able to manage their project as part of an editing team.
• As a leader in breaking news, ABCNEWS often shifts priorities to important stories that supersede active assignment. Candidate must be flexible to move from one project to another, working weekends when necessary.
• Proven proficiency and minimum 2 years working in News Magazine and Documentary style editing and producing.
• Minimum 5 years working in Broadcast News
• Strong Writing skills, understand story structure and knowledge of field acquisition and formats.
• Extensive experience in editing complex sequences with effects, audio sweetening, color work and be familiar with current FCC regulations.
• Expert in Avid Media Composer and experience with Avid Interplay.
• Experience with third party effects a must; Sapphire, BCC.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends and perform duties under deadline.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure.
• Familiarity with Adobe products, Davinci Resolve a plus.
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r193o0-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.