KTRK - Digital/Streaming Producer - Part Time
Disney Entertainment's eight-owned ABC stations are multiplatform leaders in local news and information. For over 50 years, ABC13 has been Houston's news leader from sign-on to sign-off. Broadcasting 49 hours of locally produced newscasts each week, ABC13 is the top-rated and most-watched news stations among the Houston-area viewers. ABC13 also leads the market in its digital media efforts, with top rankings for its website, abc13.com, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. ABC13 delivers live and streaming content on Roku, Fire TV, Amazon and AppleTV in the ABC13 Houston App. ABC13 is deeply invested in the Houston community, spotlighting Houston's diversity with community affairs programs covering issues that affect different segments of the population – from local town halls to ABC13+. The station also hosts several community projects throughout the year, including Share Your Holidays, an annual food drive benefiting the Houston Food Bank; and our E-cycle Drive, a collection/recycling effort for outdated electronic equipment in conjunction with Earth Day. ABC13 is also known for broadcasting the city's major events including the annual July 4th Freedom Over Texas celebration, The Chevron Marathon, Houston Pride and The Houston Rodeo Parade.
To learn more about the station, please click on the link below to hear from our VP of News, Keaton Fuchs!
KTRK Is looking for a digital/streaming producer to join our team! You will work in a high-energy, non-stop news environment to help us deliver breaking news effectively to our audience and create compelling content that our users will find valuable and engaging. Our digital team is responsible for providing news updates for a loyal 24/7 audience on our stream, apps, and website.
• Write stories, produce breaking news, produce live streams, optimize content for more reach and impact, and help to lead content for social media and engage our audience.
• Our producers work on a little bit of everything – expect each day to be different.
• Our station prioritizes our 24/7 streaming content, making production one of the highest-profile positions and most rewarding opportunities.
• Owning breaking news and the big stories with speed and accuracy and growing new opportunities in our multi-media environment
• Excellent communication and writing skills, as well as proficiency in grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced news environment
• Be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Must be flexible and willing to work mornings, evenings, and weekends and adaptable to change
• Minimum of one year of newsroom experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15v8m-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.