Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have In-Office requirements, most temporary or third party payroll workers should expect to work remotely, unless otherwise discussed.
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The role will require someone who is able to pivot with the needs of the business and apply their ingenuity, industry knowledge and creativity to efficiently coordinate the delivery for their assigned programs, while also working close with content providers to understand their needs. Fielding inquiries from our production partners, negotiating content delivery schedules, troubleshooting technical issues, and collaborating with our A+E internal business partners will encompass much of this role.
• Participate in onboarding with global production partners. Communicate A+E network technical specifications, collect project documentation, and ensure all workflows are clearly defined and communicated.
• Independently correspond with internal colleagues, clients, and outside content providers. Gather updated information on upcoming deliveries, redeliveries, and technical QC reconciliation.
• Participate in tracking delivery schedules and key dates for delivery and air.
• Track assigned broadcast masters delivering from production partners; verify automated metadata (I.E: audio tracks, framerate, etc.); making manual modifications where needed; track each delivery through transcode and technical evaluation (TE).
• Ensure ancillary deliveries associated with media, e.g. scripts, timing sheets, caption files, fix forms etc., are delivered in a timely manner & archived.
• Manage and build relationships across multiple cross-functional groups such as Post-Production, Distribution, Programming,
• Maintain internal databases and tracking systems using A+E Enterprise software along with other web-based project management systems.
• Find innovative ways to get things done in fast-paced environments.
• Provide day to day support to other members of the Global Program Acquisition Services team.
• Available to work an occasional weekend or night as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to work with content providers, executive producers, post production supervisors, finishing houses, colorist and audio mixers around the globe to intake content for linear air and global distribution. Collaboration with Programming, Scheduling, Post- Production, International and other stakeholders within our organization will give you a 360 view of the broadcast supply chain. You'll be encouraged to contribute to streamlining and improving our processes. We'll provide challenges for your creative spirit as we embrace technological advances in producing and delivering award-winning content for a global audience.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and a proactive problem-solver. You love efficiency and aren't afraid to jump in, work through obstacles and keep projects moving forward. You have knowledge of post-production processes and file formats, giving you an understanding of technical requirements and distribution workflows.
You've worked in client-facing roles, so you possess a high level of diplomacy and customer service skills. You know how to interact effectively and collaboratively across all levels of the organization. Your friendly, can-do attitude and poise under fire make you a trusted colleague and partner.
Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities are among your strengths. The ideal candidate possesses amazing attention to detail, but always has an eye on the broader strategic needs of the business. You're flexible and able to pivot quickly to meet changing demands and business needs.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in post-production, production services, media supply chain and/or digital distribution.
• Working knowledge of broadcast technical specifications, video codecs and post-production processes preferred. Experience tracking life cycle of productions and asset management a plus.
• Self-motivated to achieve goals, highly collaborative, resourceful with proven ability to work proactively, independently under tight timeframes in a fast-paced, growth environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Contract Hourly Pay Rate: $32.97
*The pay rate displayed serves as a good faith estimate for this role.
Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors
such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location, and
experience. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5xo4-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.