THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Archive Services Representative's responsibilities include researching and servicing media based requests in support of all production of programs for A+E, History, FYI, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Viceland, History en Espanol, and global programming. In servicing client requests, the representative will research, recommend appropriate media and transfer assets accordingly. This individual coordinates and facilitates movement of assets to appropriate internal and external locations by required date. The individual is also responsible for shelving all returning assets to their designated areas. This person will assist the department with inventory management and distribution of videotape and storage media.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Service media requests from A+E enterprise clients; Post Production, Encoding and Fulfillment, Global Fulfillment, Broadcast Operations, On-Air Promotions, Media Resources, Legal & Business Affairs, Home Video, and Scheduling.
• Fulfill media orders submitted by A+E clients for all productions. Collectively, Archive Services reps support approximately 300 media movement requests per week.
• Research and monitor media entry and metadata in a digital archive.
• Coordinate the locating, staging and shipping of all physical assets to A+E internal locations or external production facilities, ensuring that media location is properly tracked and updated.
• Shelve all returning media accordingly, as well as assigning the proper storage locations to new assets; research and update metadata as required.
• Asset and metadata entry for records and tracking purposes.
• Understanding of the process for recalling materials from 3rd party offsite storage vendor as needed.
Support the shipping and receiving of physical tapes throughout the work day.
• Prepare and coordinate the shipping of all media going to and coming from NY, 250, LA and external vendors.
Maintain adequate levels of videotape and storage media, and supplies to support the needs of A+E domestic and global production.
• Assist with the inventory and distribution of recordable storage media for all internal clients.
Assist in Management of and the physical and digital archives for Stamford and Danbury.
• Make recommendations for effective methods of physical storage
• Manage metadata for file-based assets in the digital archive
• Physical archive maintenance and organization
• Assist in the entry of reclamation and element materials as needed.
• Assist in the maintenance and organization of the disaster recovery site in Danbury, CT.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA or BS
• Knowledge of television post production processes, media file and videotape formats
• 6m to 1-year experience in media, post production or cable television facility
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Leadership skills
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.