Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.
Analyst is responsible for cross-platform insights that help meet key business objectives on behalf of A+E Networks portfolio. Portfolio includes linear networks, websites, mobile apps and OTT apps (across A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME, LMN, FYI, BIOGRAPHY and emerging digital brands), and a growing number of FAST networks. This role's primary responsibility is the analysis and dissemination of data and insights as reported by third party syndicated sources (as well as internal data), to support the company's cross-platform strategy and further understanding of the market/competitive landscape.
Reporting to the VP/Sr. Director, this role requires someone who knows how to interpret data and consumer research and has experience working with a variety of syndicated tools. They should demonstrate the ability to see patterns, handle large data sets, and balance various requests at any given time, in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. A candidate with a passion for media and streaming is a requirement.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO (UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF THE VP/DIRECTOR OF REVENUE RESEARCH):
• Generate, analyze, and interpret third-party syndicated and internal data (TV and Streaming) that will be utilized in developing KPI reporting, audience profiling, competitive positioning, RFP responses, sales collateral, and ad effectiveness research.
• Maintain day-to-day relationship with syndicated data providers (e.g., Nielsen, ComScore, MRI/Simmons, Resonate). Work to ensure that A+E is properly represented in the marketplace by monitoring competitive rankings and collaborate with vendors as their products evolve.
• Support the VP/Director in providing ad-hoc analyses, using multiple data sources, to answer key business questions and provide strategic insights. (e.g., Adobe, Freewheel, ListenFirst, MRI, etc.)
• Contribute to the linear forecasting and strategic analysis process for the Revenue Mgt. team, supporting Monthly, Quarterly and Budget/Long Range Planning updates.
• Support Director, Research in monitoring linear ratings performance vs projections
• Learn to manage A+E participation in testing new audience measurement products, including the coordination of tagging implementation, meta data capture, reporting/analysis, vendor feedback, and data harmonization.
• Present and communicate performance results and findings to various stakeholders at all levels of the organization, positioning analyses in a creative and concise manner.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the evaluation of new technology and systems to help modernize and streamline workflow.
• Synthesize data into dashboards that measure A+E's property health.
• As part of a group, develop and optimize methodologies for extracting, compiling, and communicating media/streaming-centric third-party data to internal partners.
• Generate social media insights and create KPIs to facilitate acquisition, engagement, and retention objectives.
• Additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As a member of A+E Networks Revenue Analytics team you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales and distribution teams are on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in media, Statistics/Economics, Communications, or related field
• 1-2 years experience; preferably at a media owner (TV/streaming/digital) or at a research agency or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with TV measurement systems; Nielsen NPower and MRI/Simmons are desired; experience with ComScore TV Essentials and additional 3rd party data sets a plus.
• Experience analyzing data in digital analytics platforms is desired (Adobe Analytics, comScore, Freewheel, LiveRamp, DoubleVerify, Resonate, etc.).
• Knowledge of both the technical concepts and workflows that underpin digital video measurement (tagging, SDKs, etc.) and the contemporary video ad tech landscape: ad servers, viewability vendors, DMPs, DSPs, SSPs, yield management tools, etc.
• Deep understanding of the fragmented video landscape offerings; from traditional cable networks to streaming platforms to social media platforms to ad-supported and non-ad-supported offerings (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Disney+, Amazon, AppleTV+, etc).
• Familiarity with the key players in the social measurement ecosystem, with a clear vision for leveraging social data to delivering actionable insights (e.g., ListenFirst, Talkwalker, etc.)
• Mastery of Excel required (e.g., Pivot Tables and Macros), including the ability to combine and manipulate data from multiple platforms/sources and mine large data stats for trends.
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, with a talent for visualizing data sets and communicating analytic findings to both creative stakeholders and data-savvy colleagues.
• Advanced Skills a plus; Data Visualization (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Domo) and or SQL and additional programming languages used for data analysis (i.e., R, Python).
• Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills that complement a data-driven mindset.
• Strategic thinker with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends.
• The ability to handle a variety of projects, tasks, requests, and changing priorities optimally in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is important.
• Self-starter who is energetic & en
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov7e6-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.