- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionNarrative Design Internship
Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority, and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed . Internship opportunity available at Sledgehammer Games.
• Must be currently pursuing a bachelors or masters degree and graduating December 2022 or later.
• Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June .
• Experience with script writing software (Word, Final Draft, Fade In, Scrivener, etc.).
• Familiarity using game development tools.
• Intuitive understanding of how action games work and why people play them .
• Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful writer in the video game industry
• Ability to receive feedback and implement changes.
• Previous writing experience welcomed, but not required.
• Assist in creating immersive story-driven experiences that reinforce the game's context and deepens the player experience.
• Passion for creative writing, game development, screenwriting, and theatre .
• Strong communication skills with a collaborative attitude to story development.
• Short writing sample welcomed, but not required .
• Be part of a team of writers creating compelling worlds, characters, and narratives on one of our award-winning franchises.
• Work closely with the Narrative Leadership on creating a narrative bible, character profiles, story arcs, mission narrative flows, cinematic scripts, dialogue, and more.
• Expand your skills and learn new technology .
• Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2022 summer. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision's corporate headquarters.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Spyro™, Tony Hawk's™: Pro Skater™, and Sekiro™.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g672y8-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.