UX Design Intern - Project L
As a User Experience Design Intern, you'll play a critical role in shaping the player experience for a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The problem space will often encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking methodologies and take a systematic, data-informed approach to ensure experiential continuity across all product and platform touch points. You'll work from concept through development to define the player experience using contemporary UX tools and design systems, and collaborate with other designers to achieve your objectives.
You will be a key member of the Project L Experience Design team, working collaboratively with stakeholders across design, product, and engineering. As part of the role, you'll need to build empathy for our audience (the ''FGC'') to craft the interaction design and UX flow for a key area, and work alongside engineers to implement the designs in-engine. Being able to present your work and synthesize feedback to drive iterative improvements in the design is expected!
Applying to this role will provide eligibility only for Bay Area based User Experience Design roles. This applies to potential full-time conversion offers.
• Support high-level design in developing user experience flows
• Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations for proof of concept and implementation
• Work with other designers and Product Managers to determine problems and propose solutions
• Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
• Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
• Enrolled in a college, university, or non-degree program
• Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our San Francisco Bay Area office (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
• Experience with contemporary UX tools like Adobe XD, Figma, or similar
• Authorized to work in the US
• A background in user experience design, interaction design, visual design, psychology, or computer science
• Fighting game experience or interest
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaboration prioritizing the delight of players. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you! Our team fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We encourage collaboration and celebrate different backgrounds.
General Portfolio Advice:
• Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
• Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
• If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
• Test that your portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
• Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
• Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
• Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00PM PT
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjb4m-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.