Intern - VFX
The Lighting Artist internship at Insomniac Games is an excellent learning opportunity to participate in a large-scale video game production. Our intern will engage in a fast-paced and creative environment mentored by senior lighting team members, lighting both environments and cinematics. They will end the summer with an AAA game credit for their resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Prepping content and documenting new workflows
• Polishing and optimization of existing lighting
• Initial lighting of environments, cinematics, and characters
• Delivering other milestone content with the rest of the team
• The intern will work closely with the lighting department, learn game industry rendering techniques and workflows and make meaningful contributions to the project for which they're assigned.
• Six to twelve months related experience and/or training, or students enrolled at a college or university, working towards a B.F.A. in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design, Product Design.
• Master's candidates may apply for this internship.
• We will also consider recent graduates – within 12 months of graduation, when the internship begins
• Must possess strong foundational art skills and be proficient in lighting or rendering using Maya or other similar game engine packages such as Unreal.
• The ideal intern will be self-motivated, communicative, responsible, have a passion for video games and art.
• This is a paid, full-time internship.
• The student must be available to intern 5 days per week for approximately 40 hours a week.
• The duration of internship is flexible, but we expect at least an 8-week commitment from our interns.
• This role is based in Burbank, California or Durham, North Carolina
Simply fill out the application form below and be sure to submit your resume and a link to your reel/portfolio/website. We look forward to checking out your work!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33ez9-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.