Summer Intern - Media Virtual College Associate Program
Remote / Virtual
The ESPN Corporate Strategy team is responsible for formulating, analyzing, and defining long-term strategy for ESPN by identifying growth opportunities and efficiencies within existing lines of business. The team touches projects that span all facets of ESPN, including finance, business development, affiliate sales & marketing, programming, content, research, and marketing, among others.
A Day in the Life…
This 10-week program applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in analyzing opportunities across a wide variety of departments at ESPN. Responsibilities include:
• Assist in evolving the long-term strategic planning process for ESPN, including building financial models and creating synthesized presentations for executive management
• Work in close partnership with internal stakeholders to form hypotheses, plan out analyses, gather data, and deliver well-supported recommendations in a timely manner
• Monitor industry trends and interpret potential implications for the business
• Collaborate effectively with executives and other team members throughout ESPN, in addition to other groups within The Walt Disney Company
What You Bring to the Role:
• A solid analytical and financial skill set gained through relevant work experience and course work
• Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a willingness to embrace and adapt to an ever-changing environment and work situation
• Detail-oriented nature with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with a demonstrated ability to create concise / compelling presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to work well with a variety of business partners and independently
• Familiarity and affinity for the media / entertainment / sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies in digital media
• 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy
• Completed BA/BS with a strong GPA
• Enrolled in a graduate studies program in the semester prior to the internship in Business Administration or Sports Administration with an accounting, finance, or strategy concentration
• Must be enrolled in a college/university graduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are June 7 – August 13, 2021. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Work Environment: This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.