Fall Intern - Social Media
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Who We Are...
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking an intern to assist with social media coverage across Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook. The ideal candidate will be an incredibly avid social media user who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment with an unquenchable thirst for learning.
A Day in the Life:
• Ideates and crafts posts that are optimized to engage on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
• Works with team to discover trending/viral content (often user-generated) and clear for posting
• Works with social media colleagues to understand the strategy behind posting on ESPN social platforms
• Learns how to apply news judgement and journalistic standards to the most important sports stories of the day
• Creates Photoshop images for posting across various social media platforms
• Clips and edits short video moments for posting across various social media platforms
• Assists with compiling social analytics recaps and reports
• Researches new trends and applications of social media to enhance ESPN's channels
What You Bring To The Role:
• Elite knowledge of social media, including a mastery of trends and verbiage on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter.
• Strong writing and copyediting skills in addition to creative thinking and solid news judgment
• Elite knowledge of all sports including current athletes, rules and events
• Familiarity with ESPN shows, talent, and digital products
• Experience with at least one of the following: video editing software (Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Avid or AfterEffects) or photo editing software (Photoshop)
• Historical knowledge of sports
• Experience with both video editing software (Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Avid or AfterEffects) and photo editing software (Photoshop)
• Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship or graduated within the past 18 months.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney Internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are September 13 – November 19, 2021. Interns will work 40 hours per week throughout the internship and must provide full availability throughout the internship.
Work Environment: This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnby2o-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.