Core Systems Engineer Intern
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Core Systems Engineer Intern to help support the core technology for a new game in the Epic ecosystem.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you'll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players around the world!
In this role, you will
• Work directly with other members of the Core Game Tech team
• Design and implement new engine runtime features for the game, and the Unreal Engine itself
• Design and implement APIs and supporting tools as required by the demands of the project.
• Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
• Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole project
What we're looking for
• Great C++ capabilities, and ideally familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
• Experience in a broad range of engineering areas in games games or real time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
• Well-versed in software engineering principles
• Excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
• Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4 or UE5 would be nice to have.
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7onxq-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.