Winter Intern - Gameplay Programmer, - Iron Man
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job Description*** Winter 2023 Internship ***
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Video Game programming is intellectually demanding work. Our software developers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from pathfinding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more. We need your help to come up with creative solutions
We are seeking a Software Developer who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
• Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
• Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory & performance optimization on cutting edge computer hardware.
• Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video & audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general-purpose game development libraries.
• Candidate for a Bachelor's degree in a related field
• C++ is a must have.
• C# is desired but not critical.
• Python is advantageous but not critical
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, platforms, and game areas
• The best candidates will have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6e9o9-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.