Summer Intern - UX Researcher
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
User Experience Research Intern (Summer 2021)
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between May and August 2021*
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed. We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
As a UX Research Intern, you will support a new initiative at EA to measure the quality of our games in development. You will also be called to help on studies performed by the sports UX Research team to support projects being developed remotely (Tiburon, EA Canada, etc.) This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning about a career in UX Research and video games.
• Conduct one or more research projects to benchmark the quality of EA games in development or live service and provide recommendations to game teams on how to improve the experience. Research may also be conducted on EA games
• Support all aspects of each project from project kick-off to reporting.
• Work with recruiters and operations team members to schedule research participants.
• Create the survey based on a new framework for evaluating game quality.
• Moderate the playtest sessions with participants to collect data.
• Analyze the data and create a report to present to the game team and the UX Research team.
• You are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree; relevant coursework includes experimental psychology, human-computer interaction, statistics, market research, or anthropology
• You are proficient in basic inferential statistics (i.e. significance testing, ANOVA, descriptive stats)
• You have experience with statistical analysis software like SPSS, R, MATLAB, or Tableau
• You are familiar with survey platforms like Qualtrics or Survey Monkey
• You are inquisitive and not afraid to speak out and ask questions
• You have a passion for research and enjoy jumping into new problems
• Not afraid to get hands dirty with data, but can also see the bigger picture
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.