Summer 2021 Intern - Market Research
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Market Research Internship (Summer 2021)
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We're hiring an Market Research Intern for the 2021 summer.
This role is part of EA's Customer Experience (CE) organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We're players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us. Specifically, this role is a part of the Insights organization and will report to the Research Manager.
The WWCE Research Team provides the player player perspective and input into all aspects of the business. This internship role will assist with the ad hoc research needs of the business. This may include, but is not limited to: survey design, sampling, data collection, analysis and reporting.
This position will also include a focus on qualitative research skills like discussion guide development, different interview techniques and reporting. We'll want you to turn that research into compelling stories that we can use to inform the business.
So how do you make great experiences for players? You:
• assist with reporting and insights – collect, interpret, and simplify incoming data across multiple data sources to find actual insights that improve the player experience and deliver a Signature Customer Experience for EA.
• explore data – sift, sort, collect, and analyze different data sets to provide insights to the business.
• build a story – build a story with the insights, not just provide data or information to the business. With the correct insights and story, we have an opportunity to shape the player experience and drive the Signature Customer Experience for EA.
• create data visualizations - create impact for your story with easily digestible, compelling data visualizations.
• understand player needs/motivations - build interview guides and conduct focus groups, transcribe and turn the transcriptions into a compelling narrative
• have fun - As a game company, a passion for games and improving the player experience is important.
If this is the role for you, then you are:
• flexible-you handle your day-to-day responsibilities alongside anything urgent, unscheduled, and new. It is very important to be able to ''go with the flow''!
• curious- you always want to know more, understand more! Always wanting to understand the ''why'' and the behaviors and motivations behind players' wants and needs.
• puzzle/problem solver-you enjoy sorting through the details and looking for a solution.
• passionate-you love what you do and will enjoy putting those skills to work to improve the player experience.
• willing to learn- everyday is a new challenge and you love the opportunity to learn something new.
• organized- to help keep projects on-time and moving forward, organizational and time management skills are crucial.
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• Studying for a bachelor's, MBA (MSMR), or master's degree in statistics, computer science, or a related field
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Working knowledge of full research project lifecycle: study design, survey design, sampling, data collection, analysis and reporting
• Experience in analytics and statistical analysis
• Familiarity with interview techniques
• Stakeholder communication and management
• Working knowledge of Powerpoint, Word, Excel
• Working knowledge of Google Drive & Google Docs
• Experience with Design Thinking is a PLUS
• Experience with Journey Mapping is a PLUS
• SQL knowledge is a PLUS
• SPSS knowledge a PLUS
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.