Intern - Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
The Pathfinders program is a 12-week summer internship designed for first and second-year college students interested in technical program management. This program offers students the ability to explore career opportunities and gain insight into the Gaming industry. Students work on real teams with impactful projects alongside industry veterans, to gain hands-on experience with valuable tools and program management processes while developing leadership skills.
The Pathfinders program incorporates structured learnings and provides you with the tools to be successful during your time at EA. Each Pathfinder intern will have peer and professional mentorship, participate in networking activities, and engage with senior leaders. We particularly encourage applications from students who are historically underrepresented in this field.
We are looking for a curious and talented Client Gameplay Engineer Intern to join an experienced team of developers working on an exciting new Star Wars mobile game. This is an opportunity to build technical and creative skills while gaining industry experience working with a team of veterans to deliver a compelling, creative, and immersive experience.
What you'll be doing
• Collaborate with Designers, Artists, and other Engineers to deliver scalable gameplay features and bug fixes
• Build, update, and integrate Unity and bespoke tools and services for developers to optimize their workflows
• Provide high-quality code review feedback
• Work in a distributed team environment
Your background and who you are
• Enrolled in a BSc in Computer Science or related field slated to graduate no earlier than May 2023.
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Experience with Unity and C#
• Understanding of memory and performance characteristics
• Demonstrates ownership, dependability, and commitment to projects and tasks
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Self driven with a strong sense of curiosity and attention to detail
Great to have
• Experience implementing online multiplayer game systems
• Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
• Familiarity with the 4x and strategy genre
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.