Intern - Software Engineer
The Pathfinders program is a 12-week summer internship designed for third and fourth-year students in a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or a related field. This program offers students the ability to explore career opportunities and gain insight into the Gaming industry. Students work on real teams with impactful projects alongside industry veterans, to gain hands-on experience and develop leadership skills. The Pathfinders program incorporates structured learnings and provides you with the tools to be successful during your time at EA. Each Pathfinder intern will have peer and professional mentorship, participate in networking activities, and engage with senior leaders. We particularly encourage applications from students who are historically underrepresented in this field.
DevOps Software Engineer Intern Role
We are looking for a DevOps Software Engineer intern who will contribute to the development of the next generation of EA cloud services. You are interested to learn developing automated build and deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs, containers. You will help build outstanding tools and services that directly contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams at EA.
Responsibility & Skills
• Architect and build IaaS and PaaS offerings to EA Enterprise and Game Development application owners using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
• Work with different teams across EA such as Networking, Security, Monitoring teams to help improve and provide EA IT Cloud reference models and operational solutions which cover CI/CD pipelining for container/VM deployment on hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and Serverless
• Contribute to application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management with application and dev teams
• Create test-suites, successful operation runbooks to validate core functionalities and successful operation of EA IT cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings
• 2nd or 3rd year towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Available for a full-time 12-week internship
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, Integration/System Engineering is a plus
• Experience writing codes and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js is a plus
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
• Experience with Infrastructure as code software tools, such as HashiCorp Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager is a plus
• Experience building, configuring Docker containers and using any of the container management technologies, such as Kubernetes is a plus
• Knowledge in Linux, Linux networking: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology is a plus
• Bonus if you love to play games
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.