- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
VFX Artist Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for a VFX Artist Intern to join Respawn for the Summer of 2024. You will be reporting to the Lead VFX Artist for this project.
Why Join Us:
• You'll be part of a very special Team of accomplished VFX Artists that are open and willing to share their combined years of knowledge and mentor you to help you grow as an artist.
• Collaborate to bring beautiful and amazing VFX to life
• At Respawn you will be treated very well in our safe and open environment where each person's contribution is welcome and appreciated.
• In your time here you will learn how to properly make VFX for a shippable game using the latest knowledge and practices.
• Our VFX Team will help you grow as a VFX Artist using our combined experience with a goal of bringing you back to our Team for full time employment.
• Use Unreal, Max and/or Maya and possibly Houdini to create VFX that astonish players and make the game more immersive.
• Author VFX that fit within the performance budget and look beautiful.
• Properly organize assets for use within the project.
• Assist other VFX Artists and the Director.
• Currently enrolled in a college, university degree program and slated to graduate between May 2025 through June 2026.
• Available to work full-time hours (40hrs per week) for 12 weeks in Summer 2023
• Authorized to work in the US
We want to hear from you! If this opportunity sounds like a great fit, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
• Respawn Internships are paid
• Intern-focused events
We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor's, Master's, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.HOURLY PAY RANGES • California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $19 - $48 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $17 - $23 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $22 - $48 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $19 - $42 • Jersey City, NJ : º $22 - $48The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2o1w-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.