Intern - Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
UX Program Manager Summer Intern
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
As a UX Program Manager Summer Intern at EA, you'll work on a product team helping envision digital and live experiences for players, game creation, recruitment, publishing, and employees. You are organizer who understands the importance of encouraging a team culture of building strategic partnerships. Daily, you'll use project management skills to be a driver in bringing that vision to life. This is a 12-week internship reporting to a Senior Manager of Experience Design.
Note that this is not a game studio program manager role **
What You'll Learn
• Learn about the design process, explore and present big ideas before applying feedback to narrow in only on possible solution that meet goals and customer needs.
• Get to know how our partners work, including product management, engineering, user research and UX writers.
• Help build connection points across teams, and improve the design process.
• Work with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, and external partners to plan requirements, identify risks, manage delivery timelines, and in communications with project sponsors to guarantee a smooth product development process.
• Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
• Learn how to be the ''source of truth'' project tracker who provides visibility and insights for the design team, partners, and project sponsors.
• Help organize and track work capacity for the design team to ensure teammates aren't overworked and still have time for other activities.
• Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire UX Design team.
• Aspire to support product design organizations while working with product management and engineering teams.
• Some experience or deep interest in analyzing end-to-end product development from initial product strategy to post-launch iteration.
• Be curious and ego-free, with a learning mindset in a collaborative environment.
• Deep interest in interaction design, user research, prototyping, and content strategy.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.