Intern - Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2021)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is one of the leading entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that unite people around the world. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.ea.com.
Role Overview: As a Software Engineer Intern, you will oversee feature development, bug fixing, maintain existing code, and implement creative solutions for our teams' daily challenges.
• Develop and test our Java server-side code running on AWS Clouds
• Collaborate with games team to develop features and services
• Implement and improve our large scale distributed social services
• Develop load/stress testing scripts and infrastructure
• You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate after Summer 2021 (i.e. Fall 2021 and beyond)
• You are proficient in a programming language (Java is desired)
• You have some experience implementing a live service or working with highly scalable backend services
• You have knowledge of load testing, stress testing, and object-oriented design and implementation (Intellij, Git, Jira)
• You can test, debug, and extend the code of others competently
• You are energetic and motivated about overcoming challenges and solving problems
• You ask clarifying questions and present clear thoughts on your visions and ideas
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.