- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise. We are offering a 6-month contract with potential extensions through an internship agreement with an University/Studies Centre
The Challenge Ahead:
Video Game programming is intellectually demanding work. Our software engineers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from path finding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more. We need your help to come up with creative solutions.
What a C++ Software Engineer does at EA:
Specifically, we are seeking Software Engineers who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as: Networking, User interface, Scripting Systems, memory & performance optimization.
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs:
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Good communication and writing skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong math skills
• Self-starter who can work with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
• Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, platforms, and game areas
• The best candidates will have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
• And of course - enjoys working (and playing!) in a dynamic, cutting edge environment
• C++ is a must have.
• Scripting Languages a plus.
• C# is desired but not critical.
• Python is advantageous but not critical.
• Basic understanding of
• multithreaded processing
• client-server architecture
• object oriented programming
• We offer a 6 month contract length in which you will be able to learn from the most talented Software Engineers in the videogames industry.
• It would be necessary to sign an internship agreement with your University or Business School.
• A high level of English is mandatory.
• Click here if you want to know more about our location
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vo2x-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.