EA WWCE Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023) to join our Customer Experience Innovation Labs team. This role will be responsible for learning new technologies and coming up with proof-of-concept demonstrations. To be successful, the candidate should have a firm grasp of programming concepts and be comfortable with multiple languages (and learning new ones as necessary).
So what will you be doing as a Software Engineer Intern in Innovation Labs?
• Researching new technology areas with the potential to improve customer experience
• Experimenting with new and existing technologies to prove or disprove hypotheses
• Demonstrate new ideas to leadership by developing technology proof-of-concepts (POCs) in virtual sandbox environments
Candidates should be:
• Intellectually curious: Has a naturally curious mind and a desire to frame and solve business problems; actively seeks out best-in-class capabilities.
• Critical thinker: Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytics skills; ability to go beyond findings to insights and actionable recommendations.
• Collaborative: Works well in a collaborative team environment between analysts, internal teams, external partners & clients.
• Self-starter: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results; proactively develops out-of-the-box solutions with the available tools and resources.
• Technology forward: Has an interest in technology and knows the relevant platforms and models; uses or has a strong understanding of emerging technology trends.
• Communication: Clear and persuasive oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
• Positive attitude: Can-do attitude; finds the bright side of even stressful situations and is willing to learn from them.
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• You are working toward a BS/MS. in Computer Science or related field. You must not be graduating earlier than 12/2023/
• Knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL).
• Interest in cloud and serverless computation (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.)
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Experience debugging and solving complex problems.
• Knowledge of source code management: Perforce and Git.
• General interest in gaming / the gaming industry
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00e0e-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.