Intern - Programmeur.Se Interfaces Utilisateurs Stagiaire / UI Software Developer - Iron Man
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job Description( sous 'Select Language'.)
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let's say that again-iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
UI Programmers work closely with UI Artists, UX Designers and the rest of the programming team to develop user interfaces for our games. They help design and implement menus and in-game HUD, both on consoles and on the PC. Their goal is to help make the game interface intuitive and attractive while making sure it has as little impact as possible on game performance.
• Bring the vision of the UI Artists and UX Designers to life
• Design, author, maintain and document UI systems that meet all design and technical requirements
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• Work alongside QA, the UI Artists, and UX Designers to react to feedback from focus groups and usability studies
• Looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements
• Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts
• Completing a degree in a related field
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices
• Understanding of C++ language, object-oriented design, best practices, and architectural considerations
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers
• Demonstrate problem-solving and debugging skills
• Hands on experience using the Unreal Engine is a plus
• Hands-on experience developing UI's for PC and console (Xbox One/Series S/X, PS4/5, PC) is a plus
• Experience with Rendering concepts, Linear Algebra and Graphics Shader Programming is a plus
We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a full time basis during the 16-week internship (May 2024 - August 2024). Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wkm9-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.