Paid Java Software Engineer Summer Intern
Paid Java Software Engineer Intern
Contract: Temporary (4 months from July 2024)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Work Model: Hybrid
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. Our mission is to attract and grow a more diverse employee base through the cultivation of our early talent pipeline to shape EA's teams, culture and products. Within Europe, we create an overall enriching experience, empowering interns and graduates with the sense that 'EA is where I want to be'.
• You will get familiar with software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
• You will learn about the game development industry and experience the development life-cycle of a very large project.
• You will provide backend functionality for multi-platform, user-facing clients, and internal tools.
• You will issue investigation and fixing in a dynamic live service context.
• You will develop features within large-scale, distributed back-end services.
• You will collaborate with a large team, both local and across other EA studios.
• Currently enrolled in a BC/Masters Degree
• Familiarity in OOP design, algorithms and data structures
• Understanding of software engineering concepts, debugging processes.
• Programming knowledge in Java.
Desired skills (not mandatory):
• Previous Software development experience (including academic or home projects)
• MySQL/SQL knowledge
• Experience with source control systems
• Familiarity with backend services/servers (REST APIs over HTTP).
• Basic Linux/Shell commands.
Take your career to the next level - apply now!
Submit your up-to-date CV and a cover letter in English which explains your interest in EA and the internship opportunity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re3635-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.