Summer Virtual Intern - Media & Publishing
Remote / Virtual
International Product Communications Intern (Summer 2021) East coast
Location: East Coast, USA / Remote
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our EA Games titles -The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we plan our communication about our games. As a member of the International Communications team based in EU, the International product Communications intern will partner with regional communication team members, franchise teams, and EA's external PR agency partner to develop communication plans across EA's exciting portfolio of brands.
• Develop international communication plans: Brainstorm with our teams about international and local PR initiatives in order to increase visibility of our EA Games portfolio in international markets.
• Maintain processes and documents: Help maintain documents and processes for the International Product Communication team such as coverage report template, weekly call agenda, internal comms planning, best practices.
• Coordinate local teams: Partner with external PR agencies, regional and brand marketing teams, social and community teams to track and deliver all details required (media requests, assets, press releases, event brief, review strategies, embargo times…) for all the Comms key beats.
• PR Reporting and Insights: Assist with detailed weekly and monthly reporting that is delivered to the international product communications team. This reflects performance against KPIs to ensure that the organization understands communication campaigns success.
• Lead one communication project: Lead one project from the beginning to the end and update the different teams accordingly. Project will be based on the current internship period.
• Accountability: Excellent attention to detail, assumes responsibility for outcomes and produces work of the highest quality.
• Adaptability: Embraces change and shifting priorities as needed as part of a fast moving team. Modifies approach according to the context or title a plan is being created for. Comfortable with the ambiguous.
• Collaboration: Thrives as a team player working alongside International Comms managers, communications and marketing managers in other global regions, EA's PR agency counterparts and the social team in creating cohesive international communication plans.
• Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills required to work effectively across numerous teams and stakeholders. Not afraid to raise hand or ask questions.
• Innovation: Creates solutions to challenges and positively questions current thinking. Has an inherently curious mindset.
• Passion: To learn about how communication works at EA and what channels to leverage when helping to develop a communication strategy.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.