Gameplay Software Engineer Intern (Fall 2022)
Fall 2022: Gameplay Software Engineer Intern
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between September 6, 2022 through December 2, 2022 in Orlando, FL - USA**
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in US Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
The Gameplay Engineer is a versatile generalist who will focus on game strategy and the 'feel' of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics. You will implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
• Bring the vision of the Artists and Designers to life.
• Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing needed custom code.
• Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve mechanics.
• Design and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
• Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Knowledge of A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
• Knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles.
• Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
• Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve.
• Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
• Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.
• Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zbjm-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.